Hearing loss is often a gradual process, making it easy to ignore the subtle changes in your ability to perceive sounds. Unlike children, who get regular hearing tests in school, adults rarely even consider scheduling an appointment. So why should your hearing be any less important than your eyesight?
Here are 6 reasons to have your hearing tested on a regular basis:
- Spotting the Signs: Potential hearing problems can be exposed by day-to-day situations. Do you frequently need people to repeat what they said? Do you have a difficult time hearing in noisy settings? Are you constantly cranking the volume on your TV up? If you answered “yes” to the majority of these questions, it’s time for a hearing exam.
- Following Guidelines: Until you turn 50, you should get a hearing exam every decade and every 3 years after that, according to the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Family History Matters: If other members of your family have hearing problems, this is an excellent reason to schedule a hearing exam with us.
- Establishing a Baseline: We will utilize baselines, which will give a reference frame for further comparison to track changes to your hearing over time.
- Early Diagnosis and Treatment: Regular hearing exams can detect issues early on, such as earwax buildup or noise-related hearing loss, allowing for quick treatment and avoiding additional damage.
- Diagnose Medical Conditions: Hearing loss can sometimes signal root medical disorders such as diabetes, high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, or kidney disease. Addressing these conditions may improve your hearing.
Your physical safety, emotional well-being, and social life are some of the extensive consequences of neglected hearing loss. Hearing aids can substantially improve your hearing and overall quality of life, letting you fully take part in conversations, enjoy social gatherings, and stay alert to important sounds in your environment.
Don’t miss out on important work meetings, the laughter of your grandchildren, or the voice of a loved one.
Safeguard your hearing and keep enjoying the sounds of your life by scheduling a hearing exam with us today.